We Respect Your Privacy
This Policy describes the types of personal information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit engieimpact.com and platform.engieimpact.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to personal information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text or other electronic messages between you and us.
- When you subscribe to one of our communications.
- When you attend a webinar or an event hosted or sponsored by us.
- We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as other organizations where you might receive information about us. In particular, such third party sources may include:
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), when you send us instant message requests or download pieces of content about us for instance.
- Third party programs – We may run webinars and gated pieces of content which enabled us to capture your information.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company, its affiliates and subsidiaries or through any of the services that we provide.
- Any third party, including through any application, content or advertising that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. This Policy may change from time to time. Although we will ensure that any significant change to this policy is clearly displayed on our Website, we encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
I. General Information
Information We Collect About You And How We Collect It
We collect several types of information about you as a user of our Website (“Personal Information”), including information you provide to us and information we collect automatically via data collection technologies, as detailed below.
Please note that our Website is not intended to collect, nor should you provide:
- Personal Information revealing someone's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership;
- Genetic or biometric data relating to an individual;
- Health-related Personal Information;
- Information concerning a person's sex life or sexual orientation;
- Personal Information relating to criminal convictions and offences.
Information You Provide To Us
Information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Identity and contact details, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletters, webinars or email notifications or when requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access to use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
This information we collect automatically is statistical data and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This helps us to improve our Website, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any other products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized services to you.
- For marketing purposes as permitted by the applicable legislation.
- For statistical purposes and to monitor website usage to help us improve our website and our services.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Note that this Policy does not apply to the processing of Personal Information via our Careers page and for more information about the way we process Personal Information of job applicants, please read the Privacy Notice on our Careers page here.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, with third party vendors who my use it for prospecting and targeting purposes. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect, or you provide, as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, some of whom may be located in a country other than yours where privacy protection may be different than those in your home country.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website) and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a potential buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of ENGIE Impact’s assets.
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person. To any other person with your prior consent.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Information along with measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Children Under The Age Of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information, personal or otherwise, to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification or parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information regarding a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
II. Information Addressed To Californian Users
If you are a resident of California, you will benefit from the following rights.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge.
We do not use a browser’s “do not track” signals, so if your browser is sending these, we do not interact with them in any way.
III. Information Addressed To European Users
If you are based in Europe, please note that the following sections will also apply to you.
Legal Grounds For Processing
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
As a general rule, we will process your Personal Information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, and in some cases, where we have a legal obligation to process your Personal Information. In some cases, we may rely on your consent to process your Personal Information (e.g. for direct marketing purposes).
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not, as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information.
Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us by using the contact details provided below.
We retain your Personal Information no longer than is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain Personal Information to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws (e.g. to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Transfer Of Personal Information Outside The EU/EEA
We may transfer your Personal Information to, and process it in, countries other than the country in which you are resident, which are located outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your home country.
Specifically, our servers are located in the United States and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your Personal Information we may process it in any of these countries.
Except where your Personal Information is transferred to third countries outside the EU/EEA that have been officially recognised by the European Commission as countries that provide an adequate level of protection, in all other cases, we have taken appropriate safeguards to ensure that when your Personal Information is transferred to group companies or third parties outside the EU/EEA, your Personal Information will remain protected in accordance with this Policy. Such safeguards may include transferring the data to a company in the United States that has certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield framework or with whom we have signed the EU Standard Contractual Clauses or that has Binding Corporate Rules that were approved by the European Data Protection Board, or any other valid legal mechanism for lawfully transferring Personal Information outside the EU/EEA in accordance with the GDPR.
For further information concerning the safeguards we have put in place, please contact us as indicated in the section "Contact Information" below.
Use Of Personal Information For Marketing
Based on the consent provided by you in a manner consistent with applicable regulations and on this privacy notice, we may use your Personal Information to:
- tell you about our websites, applications, services and tools.
- deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your Personal Information with information we collect from other sources and use it to improve and personalize our advertising and marketing to you.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If we have collected and process your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- If you have a complaint or concern about how we are processing your Personal Information then we will endeavour to address such concern(s). If you feel we have not sufficiently addressed your complaint or concern, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
IV – Contact Information
Last Updated 12/6/2019