RED is a multi-award-winning international Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. RED have a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek an experienced Workplace Consultant to be based in our London office.
- Takes Team Management and leadership role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services. Assists the Directors with Business strategy and management
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of project fee proposals
- Working closely with clients and project team to establish project requirements
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others
- Fiscal and commercial management of projects to ensure they return the target margin
- Leadership and hands-on delivery of monitoring of construction and installation on projects
- Liaising with existing clients to establish long term relationships and future upcoming projects
- Liaising with future client prospects and general business development.
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractor teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Hands on involvement in local office management in conjunction with other members of the senior management team
- Support clients in tender and procurement of MEP contractors and MEP equipment.
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services, together with hands on delivery of concept and details designs
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Mentoring and development of younger members of the engineering team
- Production of technical white papers to promote the technical capabilities of RED
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective
- BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline/BEng General Building Services or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HND/HNC + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer status
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Have at least 12+ years’ experience as a consulting engineer – preferably in the electrical discipline, but mechanical candidates may be considered
- Already operating at Associate level in current role
- Be recognised as a successful practitioner in workplace fitout MEP engineering
- Have a sound technical knowledge in his or her discipline
- Be able to confidently represent other engineering services disciplines in client meetings
- Be experienced in contemporary workplace fitout design and knowledgeable about key issues in the sector
- Have a commitment to delivering excellent quality service and product
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract and business law
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Flexible and self-motivational approach to work
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards/ UK regulations/codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Leadership & mentoring skills
- Chairing/facilitation of meeting skills
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will suit a UK national as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org