Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer
RED is a multi-award-winning Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. ENGIE Impact was created to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments. ENGIE Impact helps organizations embed sustainability into their operational strategies, allowing them to bridge the gap between sustainability commitments and realized results that capture economic value and make organizations more competitive over the long term
We are looking for a Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer to join our growing team. Based from our Dublin office, the role will involve the specifying and procurement of process & BMS field instrumentation along with other designing of control systems, schematics and drawings in the process, biopharma, datacentres and building services industries, with some travel to various construction sites.
The successful candidate will be involved on projects in the Data Centre & Biopharma sectors as well as on specialist building services in the Government, Educational, Healthcare & Leisure sectors.
- Specifying and procurement of process & BMS field instrumentation
- Development of I/O lists and instrument indexes
- Designing of control systems, schematics and drawings in the process, biopharma, datacentres and building services industries
- Development of instrument datasheets from concept through procurement
- Participate in HAZOPs, ATEX reviews, SIL assessments and Interlock reviews
- Review & input into P&IDs
- Development of Functional Specifications (FS) and User Requirements Specifications (URS) when required
- Development of system architecture for new Control Systems
- Working with automation contractors in developing solutions/systems
- GAMP5 lifecycle and 21CFR Part 11 Compliance
- Establish automation and controls systems scope of work
- Site work, dealing with clients / electrical contractors
- Attendance at site meetings, construction and commissioning support
- Estimating values of both completed works and where required approximate values of any additional works.
- Snag list preparation (of installed works)
- Working with, lead and coach younger engineers and co-workers
- Adherence to quality standards and attention to detail and accuracy
- Working with bus technology – Fieldbus, Profibus, Devicenet, Ethernet IP, etc. and familiarity with DCS/PCS, BMS and PLC systems
- BEng or appropriate engineering degree
- Relevant level 8 I&C qualification
- Minimum 5 years' experience in similar role
- Fully conversant with current Irish Regulations e.g. ET-101:2008 (National Rules for Electrical Installations)
- Proficient in CAD
- Experience of BIM/REVIT systems
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communicator both written and orally
- Commercially aware
Specific Business Understanding
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Background in consulting or construction preferred
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to working with a rapidly expanding company on a varied selection of projects.
Well located close to central transport links. Situated in central Dublin close to DART / Luas / Rail stations and Cork Airport location
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENTS PLEASE.