Mechanical & Electrical Site Supervisor
RED is a multi-award-winning Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. ENGIE Impact was created to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments. ENGIE Impact helps organizations embed sustainability into their operational strategies, allowing them to bridge the gap between sustainability commitments and realized results that capture economic value and make organizations more competitive over the long term
We are looking for a Mechanical & Electrical Site Supervisor to join our growing team. Based from our Dublin office, the role will involve dealing with contractor queries and design-related questions, including review of technical submittals, responding to RFI’s, and actioning resolution to issues as they arise, with some travel to various construction sites.
- Ensure site installations are compliant with construction drawings and specifications, current standards and building regulations
- Responsibility for ensuring that the quality of the installations meets the design intent
- Primary point of contact for contractor queries and design related questions including review of technical submittals, responding to RFI’s, and actioning resolution to issues as they arise
- Management of contractor variation assessment and logging of same
- Chair and record minutes of meetings and stand-in for certain members of the broader Engineering team when required
- Daily site inspections and record-keeping for regular site inspection reports which form part of the BCAR obligations on the project
- Assist in developing commissioning documentation, pertinent to the role, for the facility
- Attendances at all critical commissioning events and witnessing of testing/commissioning are key parts of the role
- Generating reports and daily communication with all stakeholders
- Attend witness testing on site and on occasion, factory
- Daily site inspections of both Mechanical and Electrical systems
- BEng or appropriate engineering degree
- Minimum 10 years' experience in similar role
- Good understanding of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communicator both written and orally
- Excellent technical skills and written ability
Specific Business Understanding
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Background in consulting or construction preferred
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to working with a rapidly expanding company on a varied selection of projects.
Situated in central Dublin close to DART / Luas / Rail stations, the firm offers numerous benefits including car parking
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
NO AGENTS PLEASE.