RED is an award-winning building services design consultancy. Due to continuing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel
Provide direct and practical legal counsel to senior leadership of business lines. This position has significant responsibilities with respect to leadership, strategy, complex commercial agreements, compliance, transactions and partnerships, and global expansion as well as daily opportunities to impact critical business results.
- Provide direct and practical legal counsel to senior leadership of business lines. This position has significant responsibilities with respect to leadership, strategy, complex commercial agreements, compliance, transactions and partnerships, and global expansion as well as daily opportunities to impact critical business results.
- Work closely with other business lines to draft, review and negotiate a broad variety of complex commercial and framework agreements with clients, vendors, and business partners.
- Support and act as a representative in corporate transactions including restructurings, formations and mergers and acquisitions.
- Support operational implementation of risk, ethics and data privacy policies.
- Collaborate with Business Units on a global basis to support the implementation of contract structures
- Liaison with legal counsel internally and externally as required
- Support the management and renewal of professional indemnity and contractual reviews
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team to continually improve internal legal and corporate governance support and build efficient processes
- Support the implement operational best practices
- Support the preparation of Board Reports and proposals
- Undertake research into policy and legislative topics and subject matter and present recommendations
- Undertake strategic information gathering and analysis
- Heads of Business Lines
- Client-facing team members including project managers, directors, administrators
- Legal team members
- Human Resources Business Partners
- Transversal Business Functions
- External Legal Counsel
- Strategic Partners
- Peer group interaction with counterparts
- 2+ years of legal experience with a strong emphasis on business, finance, international, leadership, commercial contracts, and complex transactions.
- Combination of law firm and inhouse experience preferred.
- Qualified to practice law in the United Kingdom (desirable)
Skills and Specific Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to understand full scope of business operations and advise on both business and legal implications of various actions.
- Strong ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable and build cross-functional and cross-organization relationships in a complex global environment.
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative and working proactively.
- Good presentational skills
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- French and English language skills desirable
- Working knowledge of MS Office (essential), and project management-based software (desirable)
Specific Business Understanding
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will suit a UK national as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
Location: South East