Accounts Payable – Overheads -
Oxford / London
We are seeking to employ an experienced Finance Assistant that looks after Accounts Payable - Overheads to be based in our Oxford / London Office.
The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in a similar role in the support of financial and accounting process within the construction industry, with a pro-active approach to tasks and possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and external contacts.
- Purchase ledger - invoice and purchase order reconciliation/approval, ensuring timely and accurate accounting of costs incurred
- Assisting in the efficient running of finance systems and administrative processes.
- Answering emails relating to accounting queries
- Hard and soft copy Invoice filing
- Corporate credit card reconciliations and monthly staff expenses
- Online banking Administration (setting up supplier payments)
- Petty cash and receipt reconciliation
- Timesheet analysis and reconciliations
- Contributes to further enhancing AP related processes and underlying systems
- Assists in ensuring financial risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control.
- AT/ACCA (Level 4) in appropriate financial discipline or relevant equivalent experience
- Experience of financial accounting specific to the field of expertise min 4 years
- Experience of working within the Construction or Consultancy Service Industry is a plus
- Sound knowledge & working application of key HMRC regulations
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Purchase Ledgers
- Preferred working knowledge of SAP
- Advanced user of excel and it based calculation spreadsheets
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, and Word
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Effective analytical skills when interpreting data and result and the ability to communicate those result and trends in appropriate formats.
- Knowledge of IFRS Accounting desirable
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
NO AGENTS PLEASE.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time
Location: Oxford / London